Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for an experienced professional to join the Information Technology Department in the Toronto office as an Application Development Specialist.
The Application Development Specialist position is responsible for planning, analyzing, developing and maintaining Firm-wide (Global) software systems across the Windows desktop, server, Citrix and other platforms. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Introducing and integrating new business systems.
- Responsibility for security, documentation and configuration of the Firm technology systems.
- Answering technical queries from peers as requested.
- Escalating, in a timely manner, support issues requiring management’s attention.
- Making recommendations on process improvement.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise by creating training materials and by providing hands-on training sessions.
- Performing duties outside of normal business hours as required.
Education and Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) and a minimum of five years of relevant, hands-on experience are required. Expert knowledge in root cause analysis and troubleshooting methodologies are a must.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop internal and external web services.
- Skilled in HTML, CSS, jQuery and the SharePoint Client Object Model.
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Concepts.
- Experience in SharePoint Administration & Installation.
- Experience in mobile development.
- Experience in Desktop and Citrix platform application integration and support.
- Ability to provide innovative business solutions which meet Firm business continuity and security standards.
- Ability to work effectively in a team or individually.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.