Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for an experienced professional to join the Information Technology department in the Toronto office as an Application Development Specialist.
The Application Development Specialist position is responsible for planning, analyzing, developing and maintaining Firm-wide (Global) software systems across the Windows desktop, server, Citrix and other platforms. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Introducing and integrating new business systems.
- Responsible for security, documentation and configuration of the Firm technology systems.
- Answering technical queries from peers as requested.
- Escalating, in a timely manner, support issues requiring management’s attention.
- Making recommendations on process improvement.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise by creating training materials and by providing hands-on training sessions.
- Performing duties outside of normal business hours as required.
Education and Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is preferred and a minimum of 2 years of relevant, hands-on experience is required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop and connect to web services.
- Exposure to developing SharePoint 2010 components such as; web parts, work flows, custom actions, site templates, timer jobs, master pages and page layouts preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Concepts.
- Exposure to SharePoint Administration & Installation.
- Ability to provide innovative business solutions which meet Firm business continuity and security standards.
- Ability to work effectively in a team or individually.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and résumé to
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and cultures.