Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for an experienced professional to join the Finance Department in Toronto as a Financial Analyst.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide planning and control informationby assembling and analyzing historical financial data, identifying trends, providing forecasts, explaining processes and techniques, recommending actions
- Identify and monitor financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecast; compiling and distributing variance reports to various departments, conducting internal audits, and providing information to the external auditors as required
- Participate in budget preparations and analysis by ensuring accuracy and integrity of all the reports used for budget analysis
- Responsible for monthly general ledger account reconciliations; prepare and post daily and month-end journal entries on a timely and accurate basis; monitor existing procedures and identify parameters to strengthen controls; streamline, standardize and automate existing processes; ad-hoc accounting activities resulting from any finance initiatives; assist in special projects as requested
- Analyze data and develop reports to assist management understand their expenses and improve the bottom line by providing analysis that adds value to the firm
- Protecting operationsby keeping financial information confidential.
Desired Skills and Experience
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, accounting or any business-related field near completion of financial designation and a qualified CGA, CMA or CA; minimum 2-3 years of experience in the finance area (professional services firm experience is preferred).
Skills and Abilities: Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; strict attention to detail and accuracy, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task and meet deadlines; experience in report generation tools such as SQL Reporting, MS Access or Crystal Reports; proficiency in MS Excel (pivot tables, lookups, VBA); knowledgeable in Word, PowerPoint.
The successful candidate will have the ability to use judgement when setting up priorities and meeting deadlines. He or she will possess excellent problem-solving skills that are required for a fast-paced environment and will also have the ability to work under minimum supervision in a stress-prone environment.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.