Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP, one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is seeking a Training Specialist for our Professional Development & Training Team.
The Trainer will report to the head of the Professional Development & Training Team or another senior administrative role. This Trainer will prepare new hires and current Blakes employees to accomplish job results by planning, conducting, evaluating and continuously improving applications and other training initiatives at Blakes.
- Responds to training needs of staff by identifying individual training needs
- Designs computer training manuals/handouts
- Creates eLearning training using Captivate or other software
- Conducts desk side, classroom and web-based training
- Ensures operation of the Learning Centre equipment
- Leverages the Learning Management System (LMS) to manage scheduling, registration and tracking of training
- Designs training by evaluating job skills and designs curriculum to specific job applications
- Gathers and uses feedback to continuously improve and expand Blakes’ training programs and seminars
- Maintains professional integrity by continuously improving and updating technical and functional knowledge
- Contributes to team effort by performing related responsibilities and maintaining effective communication channels
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Microsoft Certified Trainer designation would be an asset.
- Minimum five years’ experience in the development, facilitation, and delivery of training. Legal/professional environment experience is preferred.
- Must be able to plan ahead and multitask. Excellent verbal and written communication. Must be a team player with strong work ethics.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003-2010 (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, etc.). Knowledge of Carpe Diem, SharePoint, DeltaView, Workshare, Hummingbird DM, CMS, DocX tools.
- Works under minimum supervision, needs to perform most of job functions independently.
- Uses judgement when identifying training needs and selecting methodology for the training programs and manuals.
- Tact, patience and diplomacy required to project a professional image.
- Ability to work with many types of personalities and work styles.
- Ability to lead the group of trainees and quickly adapt the approach to meet the needs of trainees.
Responsible for determining technical and other training needs and providing training consistent with Firm requirements and quality standards. Responsible for developing, executing, and maintaining Blakes technical training program, website, and training materials.
This position requires the capability to work in an exacting, high volume and deadline-driven environment; working independently, while at the same time collaboratively with firm members and colleagues; operate in a highly professional manner with internal and external clients; and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume before July 25, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.