Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for an Application Support Specialist to join the Information Technology department in the Toronto office. This position is an 18-month contract.
The Application Support Specialist is responsible for all the Firm’s global software applications, related systems and the various computing and integration environments that run those applications.
The main responsibilities of this position will include configuration, integration and management of a wide array of applications within the Firm, including the Firm’s desktops and laptops, Citrix remote access environment and the Firm’s mobile devices.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing daily management, troubleshooting and supporting Firm business system applications and solutions
- Coordinating the application updates process for all Firm business system applications
- Ensuring assigned applications and solutions are running optimally
- Creating accurate documentation of systems and processes
- Serving as third-tier support for diagnostic, research and resolution of desktop computing incidents, requests and problems
- Providing performance metrics and perform root-cause analysis
- Providing 24/7 on-call support for production application systems on a rotational basis
- Adhering to IT policies and procedures such as time tracking
- Preparing and designing program specification requirements and time schedules for assigned projects based on the IT department’s project management standards
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technologies or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in a similar role
- Industry standard certification is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Applications/Solutions Lifecycle and broad application understanding for end-user computing devices
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and related components
- Good knowledge in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Intune, PowerShell scripting and Windows server technologies
- Good knowledge of Microsoft 365 application suite, including Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint Online and others
- Working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory infrastructure and related technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication, both orally and written, and interpersonal skills
- Able to build and maintain relationships with key software and service providers
- Ability to think creatively about complex IT problems and resolve with new approaches
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to resolve complex problems under pressure and within allotted time
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle competing priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to exercise independent thought and judgment
- Periodic weekend and after-hours work may be required
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application with your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us