Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for an AV Specialist to join the Boardroom Services team in Toronto.
Reporting to the Manager, Catering & Boardroom Services, the AV Specialist is primarily responsible for the day-to-day audio-visual operations and requirements of the Boardroom Services department, including the set-up, operation and delivery of all audio-visual requirements for client and Firm meetings, both in person and virtual. The role is also accountable for monitoring innovations in the AV market, ensuring the Firm’s AV technology continues to deliver exceptional client experience.
Primary responsibilities of the AV Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Interpreting client requirements to ensure the appropriate tools, technology and set-up are ready and functioning seamlessly and consistently for every meeting
- Defining and delivering a “client-service first” experience, providing continued communication with clients to ensure success of events
- Liaising with clients and other Blakes offices when videoconferencing is required, providing AV leadership to other offices as required
- Collaborating with and influencing the Information Technology group in reviewing and ensuring the adequacy and effectiveness of boardroom technology, both hardware and software, including identification of the most cost-effective technology and approach to achieve an exceptional client experience while staying abreast of emerging technologies
- Maintaining all AV systems, including programming, routing and troubleshooting issues/challenges
- Working through and creating solutions to optimize technology to create industry-leading meeting experiences
- Guiding the selection and operation of all webinar software, including Teams, Zoom, etc. as appropriate for each AV experience
- Setting up and installing computer hardware, including monitors, printers, speakers and LCD projectors
- Operating video editing software, a sound-mixer board (head table and lapel microphones), PC network connections and phones
- Managing, editing and producing video recordings, either with a handheld camera or ceiling-mounted network camera, and delivering the end product
- College diploma and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years of audio-visual experience with a law firm or professional services industry is preferred
- Expert knowledge of all technologies used to deliver AV services for the Firm’s resources and clients, including webinar tools, live-streaming, computer hardware and software, and video and editing software
- Flexibility and ability to quickly meet changing requirements, problem solve and troubleshoot issues with audio visual equipment as they arise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organization and customer service skills
- Adept at analyzing and interpreting client requirements often under deadline pressure
- Ability to demonstrate expertise and instill confidence in Firm resources and with clients
- Ability to influence and lead in the identification and acquisition of appropriate AV technology solutions
- Flexibility to occasionally work a revised schedule to meet business needs as required
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with other Firm members to deliver exceptional client service
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.