Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for a Marketing Administrator to join the Client Relations & Marketing team in the Toronto office.
The Firm has just completed a comprehensive review of the Client Relations & Business Development team’s roles with a view to defining career streams for Business Development professionals; providing clarity on the scope and expectations of each role; actively developing internal talent and promoting from within; and providing broad learning and development opportunities by working across a variety of portfolios and industries. Successful candidates will be excited to contribute, learn and grow their careers in a dynamic and growing business.
Reporting to a Director, Client Relations & Business Development, the successful candidate is responsible for providing administrative support in a wide range of business development and marketing activities.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize practice group meetings and distribute relevant materials (i.e., agendas, status reports, conference information, post meeting minutes, etc.)
- Provide document support on marketing collateral and directory submissions, including inputting changes, proofreading and adding new mandates to the experience database
- Provide support to the Events and Business Development teams in the execution of client seminars, conferences, sponsorships and events, including on logistics; testing and providing feedback on external communications; tracking RSVPs; preparing name badges; obtaining, assembling and formatting PowerPoint presentations; onsite support and liaising with the Boardroom Bookings department to ensure the availability of audio-visual and/or other required equipment
- Monitor and track the status of group business development and marketing activities and provide regular updates to the Business Development team
- Work with the Marketing Technology team to ensure InterAction accurately reflects event information and contact updates
- Other support activities as required by the Client Relations & Business Development Director or Specialist
- A university degree or college diploma
- Two years of marketing experience in a professional services firm
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, CMS and InterAction
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Comfortable interacting and working collaboratively with Firm members at all levels
- Problem-solving and using judgment is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and client-service skills
- Proven oral and written communication skills
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.