Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Client Relations & Marketing Administrative Assistant in the Toronto office. The primary responsibility of this position is to support the Firm’s Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and directors within the Client Relations & Marketing Department.
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing not only exceptional client experiences, but also an exceptional experience for all employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
The Blakes Client Relations & Marketing team supports business development and marketing efforts across the Firm by defining, developing, planning and executing strategic business development and marketing plans that will generate increased revenue from new and existing clients.
Primary responsibilities of the Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Calendar Management – Managing the very busy calendar and schedule of the CMO in order to maximize best use of time. Developing a full understanding of the scope and priorities of the CMO role in order to be able to proactively and independently manage calendar conflicts, foresee potential conflicts and book meetings.
- Travel Management – Planning and coordinating ongoing travel for the CMO.
- Project Support – Providing administrative support for various CMO projects with the Client Relations & Marketing team, maintaining current spreadsheet of national projects and gathering project plans monthly, reviewing and providing updates on gaps and progress to CMO.
- Marketing/Business Development – Maintaining contacts in the Firm’s contact management system (InterAction) and CMO’s outlook.
- Meeting Management – Coordinating and organizing meetings (conference calls, video conferences, in-person meetings, etc.). Planning and organizing meetings, compiling, transcribing and distributing minutes of meetings as required. Booking boardrooms and ordering meals as needed.
- Expenses – Completing and ensuring timely submission of expenses to the Finance department on behalf of the CMO and cross-reference payments.
- Document Preparation and Coordination – Coordinating, preparing, editing and proofreading documents such as correspondence, presentations and reports using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ensuring branding compliance for all Blakes correspondence.
- Coordination of the Client Relations & Marketing team – Coordinating and supporting team meetings, preparing documents and materials in advance of meetings and actively following up on agendas, action plans, social events, etc.
- Research – Conducting research, compiling data and preparing reports for the CMO as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4+ year of experience as an executive administrative assistant
- Experience from a professional services firm supporting senior executives is considered an asset
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in the context of regular interruptions and shifting demands
- Proactive communicator with excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Strong professionalism and ability to form relationship of trust with CMO. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Advanced technical skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint are essential to be successful in this position
- A strong aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail
- Being a self-starter, taking initiative and proactively dealing with all administrative matters; ability to take ownership and accountability of assigned tasks
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Strong professionalism and work ethic, and ability to form trusted advisor relationship with CMO. Ability to discreetly deal with confidential and sensitive matters
- On occasion, this position will require the Assistant to have flexibility and work beyond the normal work day or work week to meet business needs
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.