Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for a Communications & Content Specialist to join the Client Relations & Marketing department in the Toronto office.
The Communications & Content Specialist is responsible for developing thought leadership content that supports the Firm’s strategic priorities. This position will also assist with public relations, market recognition and other writing assignments, as needed.
To ensure content meets Firm standards and reflects strategic objectives, the Communications & Content Specialist will work in collaboration with the Firm’s legal professionals and the Digital Marketing, Creative Services and Marketing Technology teams, and be responsible for:
- Planning, researching and developing thought leadership content for Blakes Business Class, including articles, whitepapers, infographics, Q&As, social media content, etc., while ensuring brand alignment and supporting business development efforts
- Assisting in the development and production of new communications product offerings for distribution to clients
- Reviewing and finalizing external client communications (i.e., bulletins and other digital content), from inception to distribution
- Assisting with the development and execution of editorial strategies and content calendars
- Developing writing guidelines/best practices for external client communications to ensure the Firm is presented in a consistent and professional manner
- Analyzing and presenting readership statistics of thought leadership content in collaboration with the Digital Marketing team and the Firm’s aggregators
- Managing relationships and subscriptions for the Firm’s various aggregators
- Conducting market research on industry trends, competitor activity and new communications opportunities
- Overseeing republishing requests from a range of publications and liaise with authors for approvals
- Supporting the Public Relations sub-team and Market Recognition team, as needed
- Completing various writing assignments, as needed
- A university degree or college diploma in English, journalism, communications, marketing or related field
- Minimum of three years of working experience in communications or marketing fields is required
- Experience in the legal industry is considered an asset
- A law degree would be an asset
- Knowledge of CMS, such as WordPress or Kentico, would be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of HTML and/or Adobe Dreamweaver
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable communicating and building relationships with senior stakeholders and upper management
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Can work collaboratively both within the department and across departments
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Other Desired Skills:
- Sense of humour
- Positive attitude
- Enjoys wordsmithery
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application with your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.