Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to provide support to our Corporate Practice group in the Toronto office.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Frequently monitor emails for potential meetings, materials for meetings, etc.
- Filing and archiving emails
- Drafting professionally written correspondence to clients and lawyers and tracking all incoming/outgoing electronic correspondence
- Drafting and editing legal documents
- Scheduling and arranging work-related and personal travel arrangements using Meritblitz
- Coordinating and booking meetings for catering/dietary and equipment needs
- Responsible for arranging and coordinating conference calls and meetings
- Coordinating with Office Services to produce coil-bound versions of project documents
- Maintaining physical and electronic filing systems
- Managing, tracking and updating CPD accreditation required by Law Society of Ontario
- Responsible for administrative duties with respect to reconciling expenses, accounting, opening and closing files, and docketing
- Creating new matter forms when conflicts have been cleared
- Performing conflict searches and providing to requesting timekeeper
- Updating client contact information in InterAction
- Executive assistant or legal assistant diploma
- Minimum of two to five years of experience supporting senior legal professionals in a corporate work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, follow instructions and take initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at a given time
- Confident with sound decision-making skills
- Excellent proofreading skills, work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality when interfacing with internal and external clients, while maintaining a professional demeanour
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office applications, CD Entry or other time capture software, CMS, Workshare, and InterAction
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.