Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join the Financial Reporting team in Toronto.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting, and working directly with the Director, Financial Reporting, the Financial Accountant will prepare and analyze the Firm’s financial results and performance to support decision-making across the partnership with a view to positively impacting results.
Primary responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Assisting with month-end close process, including preparing journal entries, bank and other reconciliations, accruals, expense analysis, and reallocations
- Assisting in monitoring and analyzing financial results to identify trends and variances and provide timely insight to management
- Supporting cash management functions, including daily cash forecasts and reporting
- Monitoring and responding to requests from the general Finance inbox, including uploading journal entries and preparing reports to assist with financial or client analysis
- Preparing monthly and other periodic sales tax returns
- Assisting with interim and year-end financial statement audit
- Analyzing and preparing annual budget for assigned departments and cost centres
- Documenting and recommending any workflow improvements (e.g., internal controls, process efficiencies, systems improvements)
- Collaborating and participating in projects and initiatives or ad-hoc analysis, including implementation of new processes and systems
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business, commerce, finance or accounting
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Experience within a finance department of a service firm with exposure to financial reporting is preferred
- CPA designation is preferred
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, creativity and an analytical mindset
- Strong financial analysis skills, including high level of proficiency in Excel
- Ability to manage cross-functional priorities and meet established deadlines
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn and improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism and maturity along with strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.