Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Financial Systems Specialist to join the Finance department in Toronto.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Systems, the Financial Systems Specialist will be responsible for creating and implementing systems solutions, maintaining the functionality and integrations of existing information systems, and supporting users of the Firm’s financial systems and certain management information systems.
Primary responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Researching, developing and implementing new or improved technology solutions to meet business objectives, considering the impact and implications on other systems
- Developing and maintaining complex SQL queries, stored procedures, views and functions
- Performing SQL Servers administration and user-accounts maintenance
- Working collaboratively with the IT security team, ensuring that all production servers are regularly updated and in compliance with the Firm’s security protocols
- Providing technical support to the end-user community
- Performing routine database maintenance tasks and optimization checks
- Assisting with the implementation and testing of system upgrades and software patches from vendors
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues that arise to ensure appropriate solutions are actioned in a timely manner, including engagement of various IT teams and external vendors when needed
- Assisting with regular systems audits, user-access reviews and data cleanups.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum of three years of experience working with financial/accounting/information systems, designing technical solutions and providing overall technical support, with proven experience in web applications development
- Work experience in a professional services environment is an asset
- Experience in working with Aderant or Elite accounting software would be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent report development and deployment skills on the SSRS platform
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Advanced knowledge of SSIS, data mining and data warehousing methodologies
- Solid understanding of the concepts of relational database structure and design, and development life cycle
- Working knowledge of Citrix and VMware virtual environments
- Strong understanding of system disaster recovery concepts
- Proficiency in SharePoint, IIS, SQL Profiler, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to conceptualize solutions to more complex issues while exploring all possible implications and outcomes
- Ability to work collaboratively within the Finance team and with other departments throughout the Firm
- Detail-oriented and ability to complete work under pressure and with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.