Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Human Resources Assistant to provide support to our Human Resources department in the Toronto office.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, this role provides administrative support to all functions within the Human Resources department, ensuring assigned administration processes are delivered effectively and efficiently to support candidates, employees and leaders.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with coordinating and onboarding new employees, and administering paperwork for new hires, departures and changes, including data entry into the HR system
- Providing daily administrative support to the HR Director and HR Managers, including calendar management and document preparation
- Gathering and updating data as required, including Toronto office floor plans, organization charts, etc.
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of key employee events, including the Toronto annual holiday party and service-award luncheon
- Providing general assistance to employees, ensuring queries are answered or issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Maintaining and auditing employee personnel files, ensuring files are kept up to date
- Monitoring key employee life events and managing the preparation and delivery of Firm gifts/acknowledgements with respect to births, marriages, funerals, etc.
- Assisting in managing and processing corporate discounts and reimbursement programs (e.g., education reimbursements) in accordance with Firm and vendor policies
- Assisting with general participation and support of broader HR initiatives
- Post-secondary education in human resources or administration
- Minimum of two to three years of office experience, preferably in a customer-service-oriented role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent ability to manage multiple competing tasks and priorities while maintaining strong customer service
- General knowledge of HR programs and processes
- Demonstrated collaboration and working as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining confidentiality and professional management of sensitive materials and information
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.