Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Coordinator to join the Human Resources department in the Toronto office. This position is an 18-month contract.
The Human Resources Coordinator role provides administrative support to the HR Business Partners in the Toronto office, including the delivery of core HR activities to employees of the Firm.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and coordinating paperwork for new hires, departures and changes, including data entry into the HR System
- Gathering and updating data as required, including organization charts, vacation tracking, etc.
- Providing general assistance to employees and ensuring queries are answered and issues are addressed
- Supporting key HR processes, including recruitment, promotion, performance management and job descriptions
- Post-secondary diploma, preferably in human resources
- Minimum of one to three years of office experience, preferably in a customer-service-oriented role
- CHRP designation is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- General knowledge of HR programs and processes and employment law
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- Highly organized, with the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application with your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.