Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP, one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for an Infrastructure Specialist to join the Information Technology Team in the Toronto office. This position is a 6 month contract.
Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Blakes Infrastructure, including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security of the infrastructure hardware, network, telephony, backup, storage, and virtualization technologies.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Introducing and integrating new technologies.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends and advising management of their strategic value to the Firm.
- Implementing and maintaining business continuity technologies, policies, and procedures to ensure the Firm’s systems and information are recoverable as per established standards.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure and related platforms are available and performing optimally.
- Responsible for security, documentation and configuration of the Firm technology systems.
- Monitoring and analyzing alerts and logs to identify potential issues with infrastructure systems.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software, as well as back-up audits and restores.
- Applying operating systems and security updates and changing configuration management.
- Providing answers and assisting peers and users with technical queries.
- Installing and configuring new hardware, software, storage and virtual servers for new projects.
- Making recommendations on process improvement.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise by creating training materials and by providing hands-on training sessions.
- Responsible for public DNS registration and ongoing management.
- Providing daily management, troubleshooting, and support of Windows and messaging infrastructure related issues.
- Providing daily support on IP telephone systems including Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Unity voicemail systems.
- Working with QA, production and application support personnel in the implementation of operational systems.
- Optimizing the availability of network systems architectures to deliver cost effective improvements that in turn deliver tangible business benefits.
- Assisting in the management and development of IDS/IPS and firewall policies and procedures.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field is required, along with a minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- Experience in VMware virtualization, SAN Storage, Cisco switching and routing, Cisco Voip, Microsoft server OS, messaging and Active Directory.
- Ability to prepare requirements, design, program specifications and time schedules for assigned projects based on IT department’s project management standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with users and vendors.
- Ability to implement the necessary tools to proactively monitor, troubleshoot and where necessary, assist and provide support to third parties to solve network connectivity problems.
- Working knowledge of IDS/IPS and firewall.
- Ability to provide daily support on Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows Services and messaging servers.
- Ability to monitor and maintain Exchange DR replication.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.