Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for an Intellectual Property Accounts Coordinator to join the Intellectual Property group in the Toronto office.
The Intellectual Property Accounts Coordinator will be the primary source of accounting support for the Intellectual Property group.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and entering foreign associate invoices into the accounts payable system
- Recording standard charges associated with patent and trademark filings
- Monitoring and managing various intellectual property accounts
- Responding to client inquiries (internal and external)
- Coordinating the IP group’s standard time entries, billings and payables, and communicating this information to the Blakes Finance department
- A post-secondary diploma in accounting or finance is preferred
- Familiarity with patent and trademark rules and regulations is preferred
- Prior intellectual property experience is an asset
- Ability to work well both independently and within a group
- Highly organized with the ability to collaborate with multiple departments
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to work calmly under pressure
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are:
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences for not only our clients, but also our employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.