Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for an IT Security Specialist with a focus on Network Security to join the Information Technology team in the Toronto office.
Reporting to the Director, Information Security, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining security of information and data in the Firm’s information systems and infrastructure and ensuring that it remains protected from compromise. The Security Specialist will also monitor compliance to the Firm’s security policies and standards, investigate and resolve security incidents, conduct security risks assessments and vulnerability scans, and establish and implement security standards.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Working with internal and external resources to maintain, update and optimize network security policies and configurations, responding to security alerts, and providing support to IT and business departments for security related activities
- Developing and maintaining the capability to manage incidents within the Firm so that exposure can be minimized, recovery can be achieved in accordance to Firm objectives and analytical/reporting capability can be maintained
- Maintaining, upgrading and monitoring on-prem and cloud protection infrastructure
- Performing security-risk assessments and vulnerability scans
- Performing technical forensic investigations to determine the source and type of risk/attacks, including network traffic analyses
- Researching new and emerging threats to gain insight and understanding of the evolving threat landscape
- Keeping current on new tools, technologies and techniques, and implementing them as solutions to business and technical problems
- Providing information security consulting, guidance and assistance to internal customers, including the IT team and legal professionals
- Acting as a security subject-matter expert across the Firm
- Interfacing with internal customers and reacting to security-related issues, including reporting, investigating and resolving security breaches, and implementing responsive measures
- May be required to be on-call and work some evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, technology or information security
- A minimum of five years of experience designing, architecting and maintain security solutions
- Network, Windows, Unix and/or database administration certifications and CISSP and CCSP qualifications are an asset
- Experience in performing security architecture reviews and network security assessments
- Experience in documenting network diagrams, data flows and technical procedures
- Experience in performing and documenting network security risks and vulnerability assessments
- Current knowledge and thorough understanding of information security issues, threats and trends
- Experience with PaloAlto, Cisco, Aruba (NAC)
- Working knowledge of security tools such as O365, MS Azure, CrowdStrike, Vectra, Nessus, LogRhythm, Carbon Black and CyberArk
- Experience with security orchestration and automation
- Detailed theoretical and practical understanding of networks and Internet technologies
- General understanding of cryptography and encryption best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical thinker with the ability to influence change and build consensus to remediate security control gaps
- Ability to set priorities through security-risk analysis and assess severity of events
- General understanding of cyber-crime activities and trends
- Ability to work independently with limited direction at most times
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences for not only our clients, but also our employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.