Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has a position available for an experienced professional to join the Information Technology department as an IT Service Representative in the Toronto office.
The IT Service Representative’s primary responsibilities are to provide first level technical support, screening, diagnosing and resolving technical issues submitted to the Help Desk via telephone, voice message and email from employees within the Firm.
This position will require the IT Service Representative to provide, on a weekly rotating basis, after-hours support during off-business hours by carrying an on-call Help Desk smartphone.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to technical issues submitted to the Help Desk and acting as a first point of contact for employees within the Firm requiring assistance
- Documenting all incidents and steps taken through to resolution
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems related to documents, application software, personal computers, network printers and basic network connectivity in both office and home environments
- Troubleshooting and identifying issues with mobile devices such as Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy, as well as tablets such as the Apple iPad; assisting with initial configuration of new mobile devices
- Proven ability to adapt to changes in technology and implementation of new workflow processes and procedures
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems related to Cisco VoIP hardware and user configuration interface
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in information technology, business administration, computer science, comparable work experience and/or a combination of technical certifications
- Bilingual in French would be considered an asset
- Minimum one to three years of experience providing support from a call centre/help desk environment
- Professional services or law firm experience would be considered an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365 suite of applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, OneNote, OneDrive)
- Knowledge of Intapp or comparable time-tracking app, Workshare, OpenText DM, CMS, DocX or comparable document tools required
- Extensive experience with the MS Word 2010 to 365, including advanced skills in document processing, such as automatic paragraph numbering, table of contents and styles
- Extensive experience using and supporting soft Video conferencing and collaboration platforms such as Microsoft Teams, GoTo Meeting, Zoom, and WebEx
- Must be a team player with excellent work ethic, ability to multitask, take initiative and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (French and English)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application with your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.