Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join the Restructuring & Insolvency group in the Toronto office.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and maintaining meeting calendars
- Maintaining filing systems, including reviewing, filing and archiving emails
- Drafting correspondences and preparing documents
- Scheduling and coordinating work-related travel arrangements
- Responsible for administrative duties such as printing and scanning documents
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience as a Legal Assistant/Executive Assistant
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, CMS, Nuance PDF and InterAction is required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Heightened attention to detail with the ability to exercise sound judgement
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.