Blakes, a leading Canadian business law firm, is currently seeking a Library Technician to fill a one-year contract position within the Knowledge & Research Services department of its Montréal office.
This position reports to the Head of Library Services. The incumbent will perform technical, clerical or referencing duties to meet the needs of the department’s users.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Shelving books and library materials;
- Processing mail;
- Cataloguing, indexing and classifying documents;
- Performing data entry;
- Distributing publications and circulating periodicals;
- Conducting targeted referencing;
- Carrying out interlibrary loans (ILL);
- Performing media monitoring;
- Providing user training;
- Performing general clerical work;
- Participating in special projects;
- Performing other related tasks, as needed.
Required qualifications and experience:
- College Diploma (DEC) in Information and Library Studies;
- Between two (2) and (5) years of professional experience, preferably in the legal sector;
- Fluency in both English and French (both written and spoken);
- Knowledge of the following databases: Azimut; Quicklaw; Westlaw; Eureka; La Référence;
- Strong knowledge of library software;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to work with others;
- Ability to provide excellent service to users.
For any questions regarding this posting, or to submit an application, please contact Blakes’ Human Resources Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants. However, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.