Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Finance Data Coordinator to join the Finance department in the Toronto office.
This role will support the accurate and timely maintenance of Client and Matter information within the Aderant system to ensure Aderant tracking and billing processes flow effectively.
Primary responsibilities associated with this position include:
- New Matter Opening – Auditing and finalizing all new matter openings submitted by Legal Assistants and other legal professionals to ensure data within Aderant is both accurate and complete; supporting Legal Assistants to successfully submit matters for opening
- Client and Matter Changes – Once a Client or Matter is established, all changes to Client or Matter information are directly managed by this role; work includes ensuring all new or revised information is effectively and accurately input to the system
- Back-Up Support to Cash Receipt Management – This role acts as the back-up for bank deposits and posting of wire transfers when the Accounts Receivable Administrator is absent; as a result, this role requires proficiency in the Firm’s cash receipt process in Aderant and also requires the timely and accurate processing of all cash receipts when performing this back-up function
- College diploma is required
- Minimum of one to two years of professional work experience, including data input and data management in complex information systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, time management and ability to prioritize work tasks
- Strong knowledge of matter management and cash receipt data structures and processes within Aderant
- Strong customer service orientation
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Positive, professional disposition and flexibility to handle regular interruptions and unexpected changes to workflow
- Ability to demonstrate tact and respect for confidential material
- Team player who is willing to assist peers as needed
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.