Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Practice Support Assistant to provide legal administrative support to the Toronto office. This position requires the ability to be flexible with work assignments as the successful candidate will rotate between practice groups requiring short-term support. This position is ideal for candidates looking to gain experience in a variety of areas, with the ability to make strong professional connections in a short period of time.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Frequent monitoring of emails and drafting of professionally written correspondence to clients
- Drafting and editing legal documents
- Coordinating and booking meetings, including catering/dietary and equipment needs
- Scheduling and arranging travel arrangements using Meritblitz
- Maintaining physical and electronic filing systems
- Responsible for administrative duties with respect to reconciling expenses, accounting, opening and closing files, and docketing
- Legal Assistant diploma, with a minimum of two years of experience supporting legal professionals in a corporate work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, follow instructions and take initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at a given time
- Excellent proofreading skills, attention to detail and judgement
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality when interfacing with internal and external clients
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office applications, CMS, Nuance PDF and InterAction
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are:
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences for not only our clients, but also our employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.