Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for a Project Coordinator to join the Practice Innovation team in Toronto.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Transformation, this position is responsible for supporting the team’s project management functions.
Primary responsibilities of the Project Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a high level of administrative support to the team, including organizing data and creating and maintaining resources such as spreadsheets and templates
- Maintaining project assets and other data resources
- Preparing and maintaining materials for Firmwide projects (administrative and legal) under the direction of team members
- Assisting with the organization of client and internal meetings for the team, including the preparation of materials and resources
- Maintaining project documentation, including project charters, project plans, communication plans, budgets, and risk registers
- Developing and maintaining a summary of both current projects and new project requests
- Assisting Project Managers in monitoring projects and liaising with stakeholders regarding key milestones, scope changes and other critical inflection points
- Organizing, attending, and participating in project planning and stakeholder update meetings
- University degree or college diploma in a relevant field (such as technology, business, information management or data analytics) or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of two years of experience preferably in a professional services firm (recent graduates will be considered for the position)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint, with an interest in technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and juggle multiple competing priorities
- Interest and enthusiasm for data and information
- PMP certification would be considered an asset
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.