Blake, Cassel & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Sedar Clerk to provide support to legal professionals within the Securities practice group.
Primary responsibilities of the Sedar Clerk include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and handling continuous disclosure and prospectus filings
- Liaising with securities regulatory authorities for both corporate finance and investment fund issuers
- Preparing, completing and managing other securities filings with respect to: exempt distributions (e.g. Form 45-106F1), exemptive relief applications and TSVX filings
- Issuing press releases with applicable newswire services
- Law Clerk Diploma from a college or equivalent is required
- Sedar filing experience is required
- Experience in preparing, completing and managing securities filings and related matters, including electronic filings made through the following systems: SEDAR/SEDI, BCSC eServices, OSC’s Electronic Filing Portal, TSX Securefile, Canadian Securities Exchange and CDS – CUSIP applications
- Registering filings and National Registration Database filing experience would be an asset
- Ability to follow instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- Willing to work flexible hours to accommodate SEDAR filing timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing deadlines
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume by March 26, 2021. Applications may be addressed and submitted directly to Susan Gagliardi, Director, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.