Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Senior Business Development (BD) Coordinator to join the Client Relations & Marketing department in the Toronto office. This position will report to the Director, Client Relations and Business Development.
The Senior Business Development (BD) Coordinator will contribute to the effective operation of business development and marketing activities. In this role, the BD Coordinator will work closely with the national Client Relations and Marketing team and various departments throughout the Firm.
As a member of the Client Relations & Marketing team, you will:
- Work and Project Management – Work in collaboration with team members to construct and monitor work plans and deliverables for the BD team
- Business Planning – Assist in the implementation of practice group, industry and client team plans
- Research – Work with the Business Intelligence team to deliver research projects, provide required data for a variety of client or industry-focused initiatives, produce standard reports and monitor the CRM database to ensure it remains up to date
- Directory and Award Submissions – Coordinate the preparation of submissions, including information sourcing, data gathering and follow-up. Accountable for ensuring new mandates are submitted to appropriate league tables and the experience database
- Marketing Materials – Work with the Creative Services team to develop and deliver updates or new collateral, and provide ongoing review and revision, of both existing and new materials
- New Business RFP’s and Pitches – Support the development of information packages and other pitch and proposal materials
- Events – Conception, planning and delivery of strategic events in collaboration with the Events team
- Business Development Budget – Assist in the monitoring and reporting of the annual BD expense reports and budget
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in Business/Marketing or equivalent is required
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of BD/Marketing experience or similar role, experience in a professional service industry is an asset
Bilingual (English/French) capability is an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Customer Service Orientation – courteous, responsive and delivers with a sense of urgency
- Communication Skills – strong verbal and written proficiency, including proofreading and editing capabilities
- Interpersonal Skills – strong interpersonal skills, supported by a foundation of patience, tact, and confidence
- Adaptability – ability to adapt to multiple areas of law and various demands, deployable to any portfolio within the Firm as needed
- Creative Thinking – ability to share and embrace new ideas as well as to consider creative solutions to challenges or barriers
- Collaboration – proactively engages and coordinates across other administrative departments, in delivering on key strategies and initiatives
- Judgment – identifies and raises red flags when an external or internal change or event could impact assigned groups
- Technology – strong proficiency with technology, and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies as required
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences for not only our clients, but also our employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.