Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Finance department in Toronto. This position is a 14-month contract. Applicants located in either Toronto or Vancouver will be considered for this position.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Analysis, and also working directly with the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Financial Analyst will collect, prepare and analyze the Firm’s financial performance and other data to support decision-making across the partnership with a view to positively impacting results.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the timely and accurate collection, preparation and analysis of data for monthly and annual reporting, including revenue-cycle analysis for billings and collections and analysis of timekeeper productivity trends
- Assisting with the development of financial data and analysis to support business objectives
- Assisting in monitoring and analyzing financial results to identify trends and provide timely insight to management
- Developing financial models to measure and report on key performance indicators and support key inputs in the annual budget
- Assisting with the preparation of written reports and presentations summarizing financial performance and providing insight to internal stakeholders, including senior management
- Creating and maintaining a standard set of reports that can be shared with various stakeholders
- Preparing ad-hoc financial analysis as requested
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in business, commerce, finance or accounting
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the finance group of a service firm with exposure to financial analysis is preferred
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, creativity and an analytical mindset
- Strong financial modelling skills including mastery of Excel
- Ability to manage cross-functional priorities and meet established deadlines
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn and improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism and maturity, along with strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences for not only our clients, but also our employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.