Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP, one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently seeking a Senior Paralegal for the Corporate Services Department in our Montréal office.
Working with lawyers and paralegals, the incumbent will support lawyers in their practice and perform various duties related to corporate law.
- Drafting various types of resolutions;
- Working on corporate mandates relating to the incorporation, amendment of articles, amalgamation, continuance and dissolution of corporations;
- Preparing documents in the context of transactions and reorganizations;
- Conducting due diligence reviews of minute books;
- Conducting various searches on corporations and assembling required documentation with respect to extra-provincial registration;
- Filing documents with regulatory authorities;
- Carrying out annual updates of reports, resolutions, statements and other continuous disclosure documents;
- Drafting reports and corrective resolutions;
- Updating minute books, registers and the EnAct database;
- Participating in the training of junior paralegals; and
- Carrying out all other related tasks.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- College diploma (DCS) in paralegal technology;
- Minimum experience of 10 years in a similar position;
- Fluency in French and English (both spoken and written);
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook and EnAct;
- Ability to produce a large volume of work within tight deadlines; and
- Ability to work in a team environment and in a detail-oriented, thorough and organized manner.
For any questions regarding this posting, or to submit an application, please contact our Human Resources Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.