Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for a Total Rewards Specialist to join the Human Resources team in Toronto.
Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, this role is part of a small Total Rewards team that is part of the larger HR department that supports the delivery of employee compensation, pension and benefit plan arrangements for the Firm, both in Canada and internationally. Blakes offers a unique opportunity for the rewards specialist to work in a collaborative, diverse professional services firm that is committed to providing exceptional service to our employees and Partners, and continuous improvement of our rewards programs.
Primary responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Leading Compensation Program management, including job evaluation and grading structure, market pricing and survey participation, pay equity review and other compliance reporting, and annual performance, pay and bonus review and delivery processes.
- Overseeing and ensuring effective administration of Pension, Benefit and Wellness Plans for the Firm. This includes timely and accurate reconciliation and remittance of required payments, assistance to plan members in addressing any questions and concerns, ongoing monitoring of plan utilization and performance, and annual renewal and budgeting.
- Overseeing the effectiveness, and managing the administration, of the Firm’s Disability Management programs. This includes ensuring disabled employees are effectively supported, vendor oversight to ensure effective case management, and ongoing monitoring of plan performance and trends.
- In partnership with the Manager, Total Rewards and HR Systems, designing and delivering employee communications, surveys and information sessions with a view to improving education and engagement on Total Rewards programs.
- Managing all day-to-day vendor interactions, including the resolution of issues and continuously improving the plan member experience and the effectiveness of plan administration.
- Participating in market networking activities in order to stay abreast of developments in Total Rewards.
- Working collaboratively as part of the broader Human Resources team to ensure common priorities and projects are delivered.
- In this role, you will work closely with the Human Resources, Payroll and Finance departments in all of the Firm’s offices and all employees in matters relating to Total Rewards.
- Outside of the Firm, you will work and maintain an excellent relationship with the various providers to ensure seamless day-to-day operations of total rewards plans and systems.
- Diploma or degree required; CCP and/or CEBS designation (or working towards) preferred.
- Five or more years of professional work experience. Previous experience in compensation and benefits administration is required. Experience in a professional services environment is preferred.
- Impeccable organizational skills, time management and ability to multi-task
- Ability to think critically, to strategically and creatively problem solve, to effectively communicate possible solutions and to proactively think of possible improvements to programs/processes/initiatives at the Firm
- Sound judgement and decision-making abilities that can be relied on by all levels of management
- Strong relationship-building skills within the department, across departments and outside the Firm
- Excellent communication skills and customer-service attitude
- Positive, professional disposition and flexibility to handle regular interruptions and unexpected changes to workflow
- Ability to demonstrate tact and respect for confidential material
- Team player who is willing to assist peers as needed
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically, Excel and Word
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are:
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.