Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Total Rewards Specialist to join the Total Rewards team in our Human Resources department in Toronto.
This role will support the delivery of employee compensation, pension and benefit plan arrangements for the Firm, both in Canada and internationally. The role will also participate in the design and development of these programs in partnership with the Manager, Total Rewards & HR Systems and consulting support.
The successful candidate will work closely with Human Resources, Payroll and Finance in all offices across the Firm, as well as all employees in matters relating to Total Rewards. Outside of the Firm, the successful candidate will work and maintain strong relationships with various providers to ensure seamless day-to-day operations of total rewards plans and systems.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing compensation programs, including job evaluation and grading structure, market pricing and survey participation, pay equity review and other compliance reporting, and annual pay and bonus review and delivery processes
- Leading the Firm’s Disability Management process, coordinating claims and facilitating accommodation and return-to-work activities
- Overseeing and ensuring effective administration of Pension, Benefit and Wellness Plans for the Firm, which includes timely and accurate reconciliation and remittance of required payments, assistance to plan members in addressing any questions and concerns, ongoing monitoring of plan utilization and performance and annual renewal and budgeting
- Designing and delivering employee communications, surveys and information sessions with a view to improving education and engagement on Total Rewards programs in partnership with the Manager, Total Rewards and HR Systems
- Managing all day-to-day vendor interactions, including the resolution of issues and continuously improving the plan member experience and the effectiveness of plan administration
- Participating in market networking activities in order to stay abreast of developments in Total Rewards
- Working collaboratively as part of the broader Human Resources team, ensuring common priorities and projects are delivered
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is required; CCP and/or CEBS designations (or working towards) is preferred
- Minimum of three to five years of professional work experience
- Previous experience in compensation and benefits administration is required
- Impeccable organizational skills, time management and ability to multi-task
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
- Ability to think critically, strategically and creatively to problem solve and to effectively communicate possible solutions and improvements to programs, processes and initiatives
- Sound judgement and decision-making abilities that can be relied on by all levels of management
- Strong relationship building skills within the department, across departments and external to the Firm
- Excellent communication skills and customer-service attitude
- Positive, professional disposition and flexibility to handle regular interruptions and unexpected changes to workflow
- Demonstrates tact and respect for confidential material
- Team player who is willing to assist peers as needed
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are:
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences for not only our clients, but also our employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.